Swiis Foster Care are currently recruiting Independent Fostering Assessors to work on a sessional basis undertaking Initial Home Visits and Fostering Assessments on prospective foster carers in several locations. The Fostering Assessors will benefit from £120.00 per Initial Home Visit and up to £2,200.00 per completed fostering assessment plus mileage and expenses. Swiis Foster Care offers its independent fostering assessors comprehensive professional support and access to CPD training. As an experienced Assessor you will be working with an Ofsted graded Good family owned independent fostering provider.
Swiis will expect you to work within the agreed timescales to assess and prepare prospective foster carer applicants. You would also be expected to be available for professional supervision during the assessment process.
Swiis are currently accepting applicants for the below and surrounding areas;
- South West of England
- North East of England
- Prior experience of undertaking social work assessments
- Recognised professional social work qualification
- Knowledge of child care legislation and other relevant legislation/initiatives pertaining to foster care
- Willingness to work on a flexible basis, e.g. evenings and weekends
- Ability to produce high-quality assessments
- Confidence and proficiency in presenting to the fostering panel
- Driving license and own transport
- Ability to work in the UK without visa restrictions
- Social Work England registration
- 2 years’ experience in family placement/fostering
- Strong IT skills
- Up to £2,200 per completed assessment
- Up to £120 per completed Initial Home Visit
- Mileage and expenses
- Comprehensive professional support
- On-going training provided for all sessional workers
At Swiis, we believe that good and great are two entirely different things. So we aim for the latter in everything we do. That’s why Swiis Foster Care is a leading Independent Fostering Provider, regularly rated Good by Ofsted for the high-quality service provided to our foster carers and children and young people in our care.