Swiis Foster Care are currently recruiting Independent Assessors to work on a sessional basis undertaking Skills Assessments on prospective foster carers to cover Cornwall and surrounding areas. The Assessors will benefit from £2,000 per completed assessment and comprehensive professional support and training, and will be expected to work flexible hours.
As an experienced assessor you will work within the agreed agency timescales to assess and prepare prospective foster carer applicants. You would also be expected to be available for Supervision with the Registered Manager during the assessment process and will need to attend training with Swiis, as requested.
- Current HCPC registration
- Prior experience of undertaking social work assessments
- Recognised professional social work qualification
- Knowledge of child care legislation and other relevant legislation/initiatives pertaining to foster care
- Willingness to work on a flexible basis, e.g. evenings and weekends
- Ability to produce high-quality assessments
- Confidence and proficiency in presenting to the agency panel
- Driving license and own transport
- Ability to work in the UK without visa restrictions
- 2 years of post-qualification experience in family placement/fostering
- Strong IT skills
- £2,000 per completed assessment
- Comprehensive professional support
- On-going training provided for all sessional social workers
At Swiis, we believe that good and great are two entirely different things. So we aim for the latter in everything we do. That’s why Swiis Foster Care is a national leading Independent Fostering Agency, regularly rated Ofsted Outstanding for the high quality service provided to our foster carers and children and young people in our care.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: Up to £2,000.00 per month