Swiis Foster Care is seeking an experienced foster Placement Support Worker to join our team in the south region (Based in Bristol) to work directly with children and young people within a fostering household.
We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic and flexible person who has previous experience of working directly with children and young people within care settings.
The support worker will be facilitating regular support group activities for our children in care, as well as supporting our foster carers in caring for children with a wide range of emotional and behavioural difficulties.
This support needs to be flexible, creative, and responsive to each child’s individual needs. The Worker will work within a multi-disciplinary team of social workers but will need to have the confidence and ability to work alongside carers and children within the community.
An Induction, regular supervisions and a wide range of training is provided. Applicants should be aware of childcare legislation.
The support worker will be working with children of various ages and abilities 0-18 years in 1-1 sessions that will be planned and organised by the worker to help support young people with a variety of needs.
This post is based in the Swiis office in Bristol, however extensive travel will be required, therefore the post-holder must have a clean driving licence and the use of a car. Flexible hours will be required including working evenings and weekends.
- Full time, permanent post (37.5 Hours per week)
- Salary £22,000 - £25,000 per annum
- 27 days annual leave
- Car allowance and transport mileage paid
- Optional health care scheme
- Personal pension scheme
- Experience of working directly with children/young people in the care system or other relevant fields (minimum 2 years)
- Minimum of Level 3 qualification in childcare/social care/mentoring/community work or another relevant qualification
- Able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of child protection and safeguarding procedures/legislation.
- Able to demonstrate experience of working with children that may display challenging behaviours
- Willingness to work flexibly throughout the week including evenings and weekends
- Experience of working with other professionals such as social workers, IRO’s, foster carers, therapists.
- Confident to work with a variation of age groups and abilities 0-18 independently
- Experience of working in alternative educational settings
If you believe that you have the motivation and ambition to work for one of the finest Independent Foster Care Agencies in the UK and have the desire to really improve outcomes for looked after children, then please apply now.
Please apply with your CV detailing your previous experience and job roles as well as a covering letter, outlining how you meet the essential requirements and why you would like to be a part of the Swiis team.
Due to the volume of applicants we expect, if you have not received a response from us within 14 days, please assume that you have not been successful in your application.
Swiis is an equal opportunities employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £22,000.00-£25,000.00 per year