Swiis Foster Care is seeking an experienced foster Placement Support Worker to join our team in the south region (Based in Bristol) to work directly with children and young people within a fostering household.
We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic and flexible person who has previous experience of working directly with children and young people within care settings.
The support worker will be facilitating regular support group activities for our children in care, as well as supporting our foster carers in caring for children with a wide range of emotional and behavioural difficulties.
This support needs to be flexible, creative, and responsive to each child’s individual needs. The Worker will work within a multi-disciplinary team of social workers but will need to have the confidence and ability to work alongside carers and children within the community.
An Induction, regular supervisions and a wide range of training is provided. Applicants should be aware of childcare legislation.
The support worker will be working with children of various ages and abilities 0-18 years in 1-1 sessions that will be planned and organised by the worker to help support young people with a variety of needs.
This post is based in the Swiis office in Bristol, however extensive travel will be required, therefore the post-holder must have a clean driving licence and the use of a car. Flexible hours will be required including working evenings and weekends.
- Full time, permanent post (37.5 Hours per week)
- Salary £22,000 - £25,000 per annum
- 27 days annual leave
- Car allowance and transport mileage paid
- Optional health care scheme
- Personal pension scheme
- Experience of working directly with children/young people in the care system or other relevant fields (minimum 2 years)
- Minimum of Level 3 qualification in childcare/social care/mentoring/community work or another relevant qualification
- Able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of child protection and safeguarding procedures/legislation.
- Able to demonstrate experience of working with children that may display challenging behaviours
- Willingness to work flexibly throughout the week including evenings and weekends
- Experience of working with other professionals such as social workers, IRO’s, foster carers, therapists.
- Confident to work with a variation of age groups and abilities 0-18 independently
- Experience of working in alternative educational settings
Swiis Foster Care is a national leading Independent Fostering Agency with consistently Outstanding Ofsted inspections due in part to the high-quality service provided to our foster carers and children and young people in our care. Swiis Foster Care is a family-owned independent fostering provider which has been operating for over twenty years.
Swiis Foster Care is a continuously expanding company and offers significant development opportunity for the right candidate.
If you believe that you have the appropriate experience and ambition to work for one of the finest Independent Foster Care Agencies in the UK and have the desire to really improve outcomes for children and young people looked after, then please submit an up-to-date CV detailing a full employment history.
Swiis is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to ensuring that our staff have excellent working conditions and genuine career opportunities. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake the appropriate checks which will include an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Check.