Swiis Foster Care have an exciting opportunity for an independent experienced applicant to work within our Behaviour Management Team.
The Swiis Foster Care Behaviour Management Team provide a range of support options to our Foster Carers following either a social worker referral or direct foster carer request.
The team provide advice and guidance to our Foster Carers who have children or young people in placement who are presenting with challenging behaviours or are struggling to adapt.
The successful candidate will have either a Social Work or Children Services background and will ideally have worked in a similar role. The team provide a range of services which includes 1:1 telephone support, delivery of webinar support groups and where required, host behaviour support clinics in a local office.
The candidate will have in depth knowledge and experience of working with the management of challenging behaviours and have the ability to communicate in an approachable and professional manner, provide practical strategies and advice to support carers to manage behaviours at home.
This is an ongoing ad hoc home-based flexible role which requires at least 2 days availability each week.
- Previous experience of working with and management of challenging behaviours within children’s services or similar
- Knowledge and understanding of therapeutic parenting approaches, PACE and DDP
- Relevant Challenging Behaviour qualification (preferred) such as Team Teach or MAPA (Safety Intervention)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and professional approach
- Knowledge of childcare and fostering legislation
- Willingness to work on a flexible and ongoing basis
- Ability to work in the UK without visa restrictions
Flexible hours between Monday to Friday 09.00 – 17.00
Details and benefits:
- Competitive rate of £35 per hour for 1-1 Behaviour Management Team support
- Flexible hours between Monday to Friday 09.00 – 17.00
- Flexibility to arrange your workload
- Monthly supervision provided by a qualified social worker
- Dedicated Administration Team
Swiis Foster Care is a national leading Independent Fostering Agency with consistently Outstanding Ofsted inspections due in part to the high-quality service provided to our foster carers and children and young people in our care. Swiis Foster Care is a family-owned independent fostering provider which has been operating for over twenty years.
Swiis Foster Care is a continuously expanding company and offers significant development opportunity for the right candidate.
If you believe that you have the appropriate experience and ambition to work for one of the finest Independent Foster Care Agencies in the UK and have the desire to really improve outcomes for children and young people looked after, then please submit an up-to-date CV detailing a full employment history.
Swiis is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to ensuring that our staff have excellent working conditions and genuine career opportunities. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake the appropriate checks which will include an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Check.