Swiis Foster Care is seeking an experienced and dedicated Placements Officer to join its central fostering placements team in Bristol. The post is permanent, full time (37.5 hours) and there is an attractive annual salary of up to £26,000, depending on experience. Standard working hours are 9:00am - 5:30pm Monday to Friday.
The Placements Officer will provide a sector leading service to our foster carers by providing safe and well-matched placements for children and young people in need coming into foster care with Swiis which enables them to achieve the very best life chances and outcomes.
Swiis would welcome applications from suitable candidates who are able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent written and communication skills with internal and external colleagues and be IT competent.
- Ability to analyse and process complex and often highly sensitive information regarding children and young people.
- Excellent communication skills with foster carers and local authorities to ensure safe placements that both meets the needs of the child or young person and the foster carers.
- Ability to market the availability of our foster carers to local authorities, including the skills and experience of our foster carers by gaining an in-depth knowledge of our foster carers.
- Ability to develop effective, positive relationships with foster carers.
- An ability to quickly develop an understanding of the needs of children who are referred to Swiis, to assist foster carers with their decision making.
- A proven ability to work effectively as a team player, whilst also able to work unsupervised, using own initiative.
- Proven ability to prioritise and manage own workload.
You will have a strong commitment to promoting and safeguarding the wellbeing of children, but you will also have an appreciation of the demands that come with working for a high-quality independent fostering service in an increasingly competitive environment.
- Competitive annual salary of up to £26,000 pa
- 25 days annual leave + 8 Bank Holidays
- Excellent Private Health Care
- Superb city centre location in a modern office environment (all employees are currently working from home until it is deemed appropriate to return)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Eye care vouchers
Swiis Foster Care is a national leading Independent Fostering Agency, with consistently excellent Ofsted inspections based on the high-quality service provided to our foster carers and children and young people in our care. Swiis Foster Care is one of the only remaining family-owned independent fostering providers of scale in the UK.
Swiis Foster Care is a continuously expanding company and offers significant development opportunity for the right candidate.
If you believe that you have the appropriate experience and ambition to work for one of the finest Independent Foster Care Agencies in the UK and have the desire to really improve outcomes for children looked after then please submit an up-to-date CV detailing a full employment history.
Swiis Foster Care is committed to safeguarding children and young people and vulnerable adults. Post holders are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Swiis is an equal opportunities employer.